During 40 Hours for the Forty Acres, the School of Nursing needs your support! We’re fundraising for four important areas in the School – and your gift of any size can’t come at a better time!
Area of Greatest Need –
In the rapidly changing world of nursing education and research, contributing to the area of greatest need provides the School of Nursing with flexibility to address whatever opportunities may arise.
- In the 1980’s the state of Texas contributed nearly half of the university’s budget. Today the state’s contribution is close to 12%. Every gift matters even more today!
School of Nursing Wellness Center –
For more than 20 years, the School of Nursing has put education and research into practice by providing direct healthcare services to the under- and uninsured of Central Texas.
- The Family Wellness Clinic (just east of campus) and the Children’s Wellness Clinic (in Del Valle) are operated by the School of Nursing.
- Each year more than 3,000 patients make over 5,000 visits to this medical home. In these clinics, students are afforded the unique opportunity to hone their skills on the front lines.
- Faculty research on diabetes and obesity, along with other chronic conditions, is helping to improve the health of Texans.
Student Services –
Scholarship administration and advising are only a part of the story, which includes student organization activities, enrichment events, and professional development.
- Career services for Nursing students - including resume-writing workshops, mock interviews, and job search seminars are an important element.
- Other enrichment events and activities include - graduation, the AE-MSN Pinning Ceremony, the White Coat Ceremony, Honors Day, “Welcome Back to School” events, and Gone to Texas. Student Services does it all!
Simulation and Skills Labs –
The recently renovated Simulation Lab and Skills Lab area now need the most technologically advanced equipment and educational tools to provide students with relevant and innovative experiential learning.
- Students gain experience with common and uncommon events that may not always available in their required clinical rotations.
- Funds raised for the Sim and Skills Labs will support the purchase of everything from medical equipment to simulation mannequins, technical skills training modules to enhanced technology — all to provide our students with the most realistic simulation and skills experiences possible.
Renovation and Facilities Fund –
The School of Nursing building is over 40 years old and many areas are essentially unchanged since construction. With nursing and education practices progressing significantly, the facilities must be updated as well and your support helps to make that possible.
- This summer, renovations on the first floor classrooms will begin and make these high-use spaces more efficient and flexible for faculty and students
- Funds support a variety of needs related to the building, classrooms and other similar expenses.