Who We Are
The Center for Women in Law (CWIL) is the premier educational institution devoted to the success of the entire spectrum of women in law, from first-year law students to the most experienced and accomplished attorneys. We are committed to a legal profession that genuinely embraces equity and justice for all. Integrity, inclusion, information, influence, and investment breathe life into our mission and drive our work and programming.
The Center is a national resource and champion for women lawyers, generating lasting change within the legal profession.
What We're Fundraising For
The Center for Women in Law’s Pathways Series is one of our newest programs. Our Pathways Series empower Texas Law students to learn more about and engage with different legal careers and professionals. Through our Pathways Series, we host discussions featuring successful women lawyers from different career paths. The program exposes Texas Law students to the diversity of the legal field and provides opportunity for mentorship and networking.
Support of our Pathways Series will engage and empower Texas Law students to explore the diversity of the legal field both in practice and practitioners. Your donation will provide:
• Opportunities to expand informal networking and information-sharing among Texas Law students and leaders across the legal field
• Professional development, both for Texas Law students beginning their careers as well as peer-to-peer contacts for more senior professionals
• Connection to the Law School and larger university community to leverage networks, resources, and partnerships to amplify the Center’s impact.
Your donation will help support the inaugural Pathways Series event in Fall 2021.
At the Center for Women in Law:
• We are an impetus for systemic change in the legal profession.
• We support multiple paths to success for women pursuing legal careers at all levels.
• We empower and encourage women lawyers to confidently build, navigate, and advance their careers.
• We celebrate the strength of individuals and the power of the community to change the legal field.
• We build relationships and networks to support women lawyers because we are stronger together.
• We cultivate a pipeline of advocates.